We know that Clappia helps you create custom apps for any business processes. Most of these processes involve printing or creating a PDF document at some point. Here are the steps to print a document in your format from the entries created in your apps:
- Create your app in Clappia. Click here for the basics of creating a Clappia app. We will take an example of an invoice generator.
- Get into the edit mode by getting into the app and clicking on the edit button. Make sure you have edit permissions for these apps.
- Edit the app to include all the variables and calculations that you want your users to submit. Here is a guide to work with variables, calculations, and logic.
- Notice the values in the brackets below each label. These are the values that you will be using in the next step.
- Go to the App Settings tab and turn on the switch labelled Login required to access this app
- Create a .doc file in whatever format you want. Provide fixed values that will be common to all the documents. .docx is not supported yet. Include all the dynamic fields (variables mentioned in step 4) in curly brackets and upload the .doc file
- You can also use the HTML editor instead of .doc file by clicking the “(Beta) Set up print using an HTML editor” option.
- Save the file and go to Submissions Menu.
- Click on any submission and click the pdf symbol on the top right of the screen and save the file as PDF.