With Zapier, you can connect the apps you use everyday to automate your work and be more productive. You can use Zapier to connect 1000+ applications around the web to Clappia. It automates the flow of information from any web app to any app in your Clappia account.
You can find Clappia in Zapier’s app directory here.
1. Clappia Account
Sign up for a free Clappia account if you don’t have one.
2. Zapier Account
- Sign up for a free Zapier account if you don’t have one.
- Visit Clappia on Zapier’s app directory here.
- Click on the button “Start using Clappia now”.
- Click “Accept Invite & Build a Zap”.
3. An app on Clappia
Follow this guide to create an app on Clappia. We will be pushing data to this Clappia app using Zapier. Keep a note of the app Id (you’ll find it on the address bar of your browser) and the unique field names of the various fields that you would have added in the app.
Creating a Zap on Zapier
Once you sign in to Zapier, you can create Zaps. A basic zap in Zapier will have a Trigger from a specific web app and an Action in another web app. Here you’ll see how to set one of the existing apps on Zapier as a Trigger and Clappia as an Action.
- Once your are signed in to your Zapier account, click on the “Make a Zap” button on the top right.
- Choose an app that you want to keep as the trigger for your Clappia app. We are using Google Sheets in the screenshot below.
- Choose “New Spreadsheet Row”.
- Connect your Google Account from which you want to pull Google Sheets data.
- Once you successfully authenticate your Google account, you will be prompted to select a Google Sheets Spreadsheet from your account. Select a spreadsheet and a worksheet and hit the Continue button
- The Trigger is now set for your Zap.
- We’ll now add Clappia as an Action to this Zap. Select Clappia (1.0.2) in the drop-down.
If you don’t see Clappia in the list of Zapier apps, make sure you have accepted the Invite in Prerequisite #2 listed above.
- Once you are able to select Clappia as the Action, you’ll be prompted to connect your Clappia account to Zapier.
- Enter the credentials of your Clappia account here.
- We will be using this app for reference.
- Enter the app Id of your Clappia app in which you want to create a new submission.
- In the Variables section, you can enter multiple key-value pairs. As the key, enter the unique field names of the app fields you wish to populate into the app. As the value, you can either put a static value or pull dynamic values from the Google Sheets Spreadsheet that you connected.
- You can send some test data to your Clappia app.
- You should see a success message with a submission Id. You will find this submission in the Clappia app that you provided above.
- Give a name to your Zap and switch it on.
That’s it. Now whenever there is a new entry in the Google Sheets Spreadsheet, Zapier will create a submission in Clappia.